While I've been very quiet for the last while and haven't posted anything in weeks, I have been keeping up with my reading and comment moderation. And I was deeply flattered to receive this award from this lady the other day:
The rules that go along with this award are simple: First one must acknowledge the giver - Thank you, Tammy!
Next, one must list seven random facts about oneself:
1. I very rarely shave my legs. And no-one ever notices because a) the hair is so fine and so light that it's barely noticeable to either the eye or the touch and b) I wear jeans most of the time, summer or winter...
2. I love IKEA and wish they would come to South Africa so that I can stop visiting their website and/or longingly paging through my copy of the 2007 catalogue I got when we still lived in Dubai.
3. I can't wear wristwatches. I mean, I can *wear* them, but sooner or later they begin to lose time and eventually they just stop running altogether, even if I replace the batteries. It's something I seem to have inherited from my mother and I have no idea why it happens.
4. I adore grocery shopping. When I have money to spend, most of it is usually spent on food.
5. I once had a pet rat named Frisby.
6. I used to be a very nervous driver until we moved to Dubai, when I just refused to drive at all for the first few months. Eventually I had to suck it up and make a plan to get around and I quickly became a much more assertive driver. Because in Dubai, if you ever want to reach your destination, you have to drive like a BMW driver.
7. I'm afraid of the dark. Not all the time, but when I'm the only one still awake or am alone and all the lights are out. It started with a stupid little game I used to play with myself as a kid and I used to walk to and from ballet and karate classes (yes, weird combination, I know), which got later and later in the afternoons as I got older. And eventually it got so I would be walking home in the evenings and in winter it would be pitch dark. And the game was that as long as I could see my shadow, it meant that there was enough light for me to see any approaching danger and thus to take evasive action. So I would have to move as quickly as possible through those short spaces between two lamp posts where the light didn't reach. It kind of stuck and now I freak out when there's not enough light for me to see my shadow...
And finally, one must pass the award on to 10 blogs you've recently discovered and found to be deserving:
4. The Jackson Files
5. Boobah's Mom
6. Kerry Haggard
7. Champagne Heathen
9. The Cupcake Lady